Barbara Wagner Chamber Music Competition
The Barbara Wagner Chamber Competition highlights the importance of chamber music at MSU, encourages the formation of chamber music ensembles, supports the pursuit of entrepreneurship by ensembles and individuals, and provides a training ground for musicians to compete in external competitions.
Who can apply?
- Open to ensembles of 3-8 members
- Each member of the group must be currently enrolled in MSU College of Music
- Each member of the ensemble needs a signature from their applied faculty professor.
- Students may only participate in one ensemble.
- Applications due January 20, 2020
- Semifinalists announced by the end of February
- Applicants MUST be available on April 10, 2020 between 5:00-10:00 PM for the semifinals and April 11, 2020 from 3 PM-6 PM for the finals
- External judges are selected each year to provide a representative committee of chamber music artists.
- 2020 First Round judges:
Award details, repertoire requirements and other regulations:
- 2019 Wagner Competition Rules and Requirements
- Special questions can be addressed to Director of Chamber Music, Dr. Tasha Warren firstname.lastname@example.org