Student Recital Policy and Forms
See the information below for contracts needed to secure your event, inclucing the required approvals and policy compliance.
General policies for events and recitals
- Student recitals may be performed in Cook Recital Hall (or, in some instances, 103 Music Practice Building). Indicate your room preference on the Student Recital contract
- Student recital dates must be submitted with the approval of the appropriate faculty instructor.
- Graduate students only: once scheduled, required graduate recital dates will not be changed without permission from the major professor and the Graduate Associate Director; cancellations must follow the guidelines of the Graduate Committee.
- Due to heavy facility use, please schedule your recital as far ahead of time as possible.
- Student recitals may be scheduled Monday through Friday at 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday at noon, 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Anyone canceling a recital may not be allowed to reschedule until the following semester.
- All required/graded graduate recitals must be professionally recorded. Contact Recording Services in 226 Music Building as soon as you have your room confirmed.
- The Green Room is available 30 minutes before your recital for warm-up purposes. Check out a Green Room key from the main office. The room may need to be shared by more than one person.
- Following your recital, you must be sure that:
- The hall or room is cleaned and secured (doors locked and completely closed).
- Keyboard instruments are covered and secured.
- Tables and other equipment and supplies are returned to the correct place.
- All lights are turned off.
- Any reception area is cleaned and trash placed in the courtyard dumpster.