Recital and Event Information
Review the information below for timeline and scheduling. For additional information, see the links in the navigation on the left or below:
General timeline for recitals and events
|Recitals for fall and spring semesters: Please reserve Cook Recital Hall by following the scheduling timeline below. Recitals may be scheduled after these dates on a space-available basis|
|Scheduling Timeline||Academic Year|
|Chamber Ensembles||Starting March for following year|
|Faculty/Guest Recitals||Starting early April|
|DMA or MM Required||Starting early May|
|Beginning spring semester Finals Week for the following year; continuing through semesters|
Scheduling a recital or event
- Review the Venue Calendars site or visit the Main Office for assistance before submitting a room request via the WebCheckout Patron Portal to determine which spaces are available at the specific time and date. Choose a date for your recital that can be attended by all involved. Avoid scheduling your recital in conflict with MSU ensembles, faculty recitals, or other concerts. Complete the appropriate recital/performance contract.
- You will receive confirmation of the date, place, and time by e-mail. Check the website to confirm that your recital appears on the updated schedule. Contact Lynne Funk (email@example.com) if you do not receive confirmation within 2-4 business days of submitting the request.
- A completed contract must be submitted to Lynne Funk (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Main Office, 102 Music Building within 5 business days of submitting a scheduling “hold” for a recital time, or the “hold” may be canceled. Keep a copy of the contract for your records.
- A recital involving a large or complicated set-up may be allowed extra time on the day of the performance. Contact Lynne Funk (email@example.com) at least a week in advance of recital to see if extra set-up time may added to the schedule.
Contracts and Forms
- Faculty and guest recital contract information and form/contract
- Guest lecture and master class recital contract
- Ensemble (student) and studio recital contract
- Faculty, Guest Artist cancellation form
- Student recital contract