Composition Faculty Recital
Venue: Cook Recital Hall, Music Building
ARTIST-FACULTY SERIES sponsored by WKAR
Featuring original acoustic and electronic music by each of the composition faculty at MSU, including Alexis Bacon, David Biedenbender, Lyn Goeringer, Ricardo Lorenz, Mark Sullivan and Zhou Tian.
Composers from the College of Music present a concert of six new compositions in collaboration with performers from the College of Music and beyond. The concert will include works for live performers, electronics, and a combination of the two.
- Mark Sullivan’s Oh Mann… is an electroacoustic work, written in 2017, that explores the timbres of speech and it's derivatives.
- Zhou Tian’s Trio fuses Chinese flavor with exhilarating energy and groovy rhythms
- Alexis Bacon’s Play, for baritone saxophone and bassoon, is a work in three movements all based on games her kids invented: "Texas Staredown," "Grandma Pinch-pinch," and "Bad Baby."
- World premiere performance of Ricardo Lorenz’s Volar en tu Canto performed by Corbin Wagner (horn), Jenna Buck (soprano), and Young Hyun Cho (piano). Volar en tu Canto was commissioned by Corbin Wagner for the Wagner Trio.
- Lyn Goeringer’s Louhi, and David Biedenbender’s Resonance Modes for prepared piano and electronics, inspired by the fascinating way that droplets of mercury seem to dance when vibrating.
$10 adults; $8 seniors; free for students and those under 18 with valid ID