Announcement of Faculty Position in Violin Beginning Fall 2018
Artist/Teacher of Violin
- Teach undergraduate and graduate violin students
- Maintain a national and international profile as a collaborative artist
- Maintain visibility as a teacher at the state, national, and international levels
- Effectively recruit, retain and advise a high caliber class of undergraduate, MM, and DMA students
- Teach weekly studio class and orchestral musicianship class
- Provide effective service to the profession as well as to the College and University
- Master’s degree and/or equivalent performance experience at the professional level
- Evidence of successful recruiting and studio teaching at the university level desirable
- Orchestral experience desirable
- Assistant/Associate Professor
- Academic year appointment will be in the tenure system
- Position is available August 16, 2018
To apply, please visit www.careers.msu.edu and select Job no. 482462.
Please provide a letter of application, curriculum vitae, list of references with contact information, three letters of recommendation, and recent audio or video recordings representing a variety of performances including some recent live material. Directions for submitting this material will be found on the MSU careers website listed above.
Applications will be reviewed continuously beginning on February 1, 2018 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
With 70 full-time faculty members, the Michigan State University College of Music serves approximately 550 majors and offers a comprehensive range of degree programs from baccalaureate through the doctorate. For more information about the College, please visit our website at www.music.msu.edu
Minorities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodation. MSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution.