Director of Orchestras
- Provide artistic and organizational direction for a major university orchestral program
- Recruit and lead a graduate conducting program of national and international prominence
- Significant professional/university orchestral conducting experience
- Expertise in contemporary chamber ensemble repertoire
- Ability to provide artistic vision and inspiration
- Experience as a teacher of conducting
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Salary and rank commensurate with background and experience
- Academic year appointment will be in the tenure system
- Position is available August 16, 2020
To apply, please visit the MSU careers website: www.careers.msu.edu and select posting # 603686 in the faculty/academic staff section.
Please provide a letter of application, curriculum vitae, list of references including phone and e-mail contact information, and links to video recordings of live rehearsals and performances. Videos should be easily accessible to the committee members (YouTube, Google Drive, etc.).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: October 15, 2019
- Applications will be reviewed continuously beginning on October 15, 2019 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Finalists will be invited to campus in February/March 2020.
With 70 faculty members, the Michigan State University College of Music serves approximately 600 majors and offers a comprehensive range of degree programs from baccalaureate through the doctorate. For more information about the College, please visit our website at www.music.msu.edu.
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities and individuals from other underrepresented groups that can diversify the impact of data analytics across the university mission.