MSU’s Double Reed Instrument Day
Experience a full day of Double Reeds at Michigan State University
Saturday, March 23, 2019 , 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., MSU Music Building
Michigan State University oboe and bassoon professors Jan Eberle and Michael Kroth invite you to attend a day of master classes, workshops, vendors and a double reed choir. Workshop topics include fundamentals, vibrato, and audition strategies. A fee of just $15 will also include lunch and refreshments.
Open to oboists and bassoonists, family/friends, band directors and music lovers of all kinds. Vendors will be on the premises for double reed products and display.
Register online by March 18, 2019. See the registration page for more information. Advanced registration is encouraged. Walk-ins will be accepted on the day of the event during morning registration.
The $15 participant fee includes a lunch voucher.
Schedule of Events
- 8:15 a.m. Registration
- 8:00 am – 5:00 p.m. Vendors open
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Recital with Jan Eberle, oboe and Michael Kroth, bassoon
- 9:45-10:00 – Break and Vendors
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Workshop: Fundamentals for Oboe
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Workshop: “Basic Training” for Bassoonists
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Audition Strategies for Oboe and Bassoon
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch (provided) Vendors open
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Vibrato: No Longer a Mystery for Oboe and Bassoon
- 2:30-2:45 – Break and Vendors
- 2:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Masterclasses for Bassoon and Oboe
- 4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. College Admissions Discussion: Ben Ebener, director of admissions
- 4:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Double Reed Choir
Please contact Ben Ebener by email or phone (517) 432-4373.
All events take place in the Music Building, conveniently located on West Circle Drive in North Campus. 333 West Circle Drive, East Lansing, MI 48824
Except for handicapped spaces, parking restrictions are not enforced on the weekends (unless otherwise noted). There are spaces directly in front of the Music Building, and behind (south) on West Circle. If none are available, the Visitor lot near Spartan Stadium (#62W on map above) is also available.