Congratulations, here's what to do next:
Let Us Know
If you have made your college choice, please let us know. If you have decided to come to MSU, we look forward to seeing you! If not, we wish you all the best in your future musical endeavors. Either way, please help us plan by completing the relevant form below.
- Attendance Decision Form for Undergraduate Applicants (PDF): Complete the form, save it, and email as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Attendance Decision Form for Graduate Applicants (PDF): Complete the form, save it, and email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect With Us
Follow This Essential Information
- Attention, all accepted freshmen: Please review MSU's website for Admitted Freshman. There are a number of steps outlined here, and some must be completed by May 1st.
- Ensembles: The 2018-19 ensemble audition information will be posted here in July. Learn more about our ensembles and performance opportunities.
- Learn more about our programs, including degree requirements, be sure to visit the Areas and Studios section of this website.
New Undergraduate Student Orientation
All new students to MSU are required to attend an orientation session. Although MSU provides many orientation sessions throughout the summer, music majors must register for one of the below sessions.
- Monday, June 11-12
- Thursday, June 14-15
- Monday, June 18-19
- Thursday, June 21-22
- Monday, June 25-26
- Thursday, June 29-30
- Monday, July 2-3
- Thursday, July 5-6
- Monday, July 9-10
- Tuesday, July 10-11
- Thursday, July 19 – Transfer day
If you have already registered for orientation and it is not one of the above dates, please return to your admissions portal and change your session.
New Graduate Student Orientation
Orientation for graduate students is significantly less formal than an undergraduate orientation. The Graduate Music Office will be in touch with you regarding important dates and registration.
College of Music
Michigan State University
253 Music Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1043
Phone: (517) 355-2140
Fax: (517) 432-8209